Brief happenings update:
Last night Josh and I went to Vivid, a festival of lights in mainly around Circular Quay and Darling Harbour (and this year at Martin Place too). I’ll post photos at a later date. It was a little drizzly on and off, but we managed to see almost all of the exhibits without getting too wet. And it was also the Queens Birthday holiday 🙂 so we got this Monday off.
Earlier in the day, we went shopping at Birkenhead Outlets and Westfield. I think Josh was more excited to look at clothes than me! We bought some absolutely toasty comfy flannel sheets for our bed (seriously, so wonderful). Josh almost bought several sweaters, but my budget-conscious guy decided to hold off until the EOFYS (also known as the end of financial year sale – fiscal year ends 30 June here in Australia so the sales are upon us!).
We had a delicious dinner in the Westfield food court (seriously my favourite are the “soup” dumplings from Din Tai Fung), and then walked all over Circular Quay and The Rocks to check out all the light art exhibits. Josh and I both agreed that the art on the Opera House was a little cooler last year, but the use of sounds (clapping) at many of the exhibits was very cool 🙂
On to the subject of my post:
Today, Josh has charged me with “this is in my purse and I have no idea why…” Took me half a second to come up with something, and then it hit me! I have a very small travel-sized purel bottle in my purse.
This is normal to most people, but it’s weird for me.
I worry about pesticides on fruit and veggies, but not germs. I’m pretty sure that on occasion I ate dirt as a child. I credit my strengthened immune system to those filthy practices, haha. I only catch a random cold/flu here and there every couple years (touch wood, as they say here).
Back to the bottle of Purel, no idea how it got there, or why I bought it. Sometimes I’ll pass it around my group of friends, and people always take some – heck, I do too when it’s offered to me – I suppose you don’t want to be known as the dirty friend. But yeah, I’m really not a Purel kind of person and actually think it might do more harm than good.
(The one exception to this rule is after I visit an antique store. I ALWAYS wash or Purel after those trips. I think the reason being that I eat often, all the time, and with my hands – and I associate antique stores with dead people – and well, the two shall never meet…etc etc).
Things you WILL find in my purse, ALWAYS:
- $2 and $1 coins that I lift from Josh’s pocket change (this can sometimes add up to $30 !!)
- SPF 30+ lip balm (because it’s sunny in Australia and there’s skin cancer)
- A mini umbrella because being caught out in the rain is terrible (it will rain for a week straight in Oz then be sunny for two months straight, but God forbid you get caught out at the beginning of rainy week without an umbrella)
- MyMulti train and bus ticket
- Wallet, Phone, Keys
- 7 pens (you never know when you will need one)
- Roll up reusable bag (thank you, Auntie Diane) – I enjoy shopping for groceries, cards, household items, clothes… on my way home from work)
- Seashells from some beach on my last vacation (because I’m weird)
- A handful of my business cards, Josh’s business card, random people I have met at events’ business cards…
- A book (although this is less frequently found in my purse as I carry too much stuff around as it is)
Hope your week is starting off well!